Take a look at what will be available for you to enjoy during the day:
- Face Painting – The Cheltenham Trust will be providing face painting from £2.00 to celebrate the festival.
- Mini Movers and Makers Area – Here you will find a mini play-rangers area including slides, spinning top, building bricks, sensory play activities, painting and colours and even mud painting! All of these activities are great for children aged 1 – 12 years old.
- Balance-ability Taster Sessions – Nicky Harverson who is a qualified Level 2 British Cycling Coach, National Standards Instructor and Balanceabiltiy Instructor will be offering balance ability sessions for 3 – 5 year olds.
- Mobile Climbing Wall – A fantastic range of 2 and 4 person Mobile Climbing Walls offer a quick, easy, convenient way to bring the exhilaration of climbing to your day!
- Go Karts – Suitable for children aged 4 – 10 years old, the Go Karts will give children their first driving experience. Driving at around 4 miles an hour, it is safe fun!
- WipeOut Activity – Suitable for all age groups from 7 upwards, an activity based on the Total Wipeout TV format, where people jump over a rotating pole whilst bouncing on an inflatable bed.. will you be brave enough?
- Boccia – Enjoy an inclusive ball game based on bowls with the Gloucestershire Special Olympics.
- The Rock – The Rock will be providing cycle skills and bike maintenance during the festival.
- Danter’s Fairground Rides – Enjoy traditional fairground rides at Danter’s Fairground area!
- VP3 Power – Experience watching two cars race around the scalextric track…the faster you pedal the faster the cars race!
- Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service – The Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Services will be at the Family Zone so be sure to say hello!
The Tour of Britain youth cycling races
To coincide with the Tour of Britain stage finish in Cheltenham, the Cheltenham, Tewkesbury & Winchcombe Young Cyclists Group are proud to be able to host some very exciting youth races on the grass of Pittville Park!
The race circuit will be flat with lots of twists and turns on short grass in between the Crossover cafe and lake. The course will allow spectators to watch the action from the main path through the Park and on to the Pump Room and children’s playground. There will be races for under 8’s, under 10’s, under 12’s, under 14’s and under 16’s. There will also be a special “This Girl Can” race just for the girls. The final races will be handicap races based on the results of the age group races.
The races will start at 11am and finish at 1:30pm so everyone can concentrate on the arrival of the elite cyclists! The races are now full but there are few more enjoyable cycling opportunities than seeing young riders have fun and enjoy friendly opportunities to prove themselves. The smiles on their faces are a joy and there are always moments of hilarity as well as straightforward achievement. Come and see what CTWYCC can offer your young riders.