What's the best way to get to the Cheltenham Festival of Cycling?
By bike of course! There will be cycling racks at the festival to safely lock up your bikes if you decide to cycle on the day. Cheltenham benefits from great transport connections and we have plenty of options to get you to the festival. To make things easy, we have a selection of Park and Ride around the town which will get you into the town centre with ease. Cheltenham has great train and bus connections, making it easier for you to get to where you need to be.
If you're travelling to the festival by car, parking is available at a number of town centre car parks. Due to the festival being a road race there will be road closures, which are listed below, but diversions will be in place to help you get around the town.
Take a look at the festival site map for the festival location.
From 6:00am on Sunday 1 September, the following road closures will be in place:
- Montpellier Street (full closure)
- Queen’s Circus (full closure)
- Fauconburg Road (full closure)
- Bayshill Road (south bound) from Saint Georges Road to Fauconberg Road.
- Saint Georges Road (west bound) from Bayshill Road to Promenade.
- Promenade (north bound) from Neptune’s Fountain to Queen’s Hotel.
- Montpellier Walk (full closure)
- A40 Eastbound (one lane closure) from Gordon Lamp to Montpellier round-a-bout.
- Parabola Road (one land closure) from Montpellier Street to Lansdown Road.